Imagine what you could do with between $5,000-$40,000 USD of free digital advertising every month. You could recruit more volunteers, attract more donations, and share your story with audiences all over the globe.
The more frequently your ads appear next to online search results, the more people will be aware of your cause. That can translate into more donations and more volunteers — the purpose of every nonprofit.
Here’s how to qualify:
To qualify for the Non-Profit Grants, your organization must:
- Hold valid charity status, determined by each country. In the United States a 501c3 is sufficient.
- Acknowledge and agree to the Ad provider’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
Have a live website with substantial content.
- Governmental entities and organizations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, childcare centers, academic institutions and universities are not eligible for Google Ad Grants, but philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
Here’s how to stay qualified.
To maintain your eligibility your organization must:
- Link your ads to one (and only one) website domain, which should be the same one that was approved in your initial application.
- Actively manage your AdWords account by logging in once a month and making at least one change to your account every 90 days.
- Your ads and keywords should match your organization’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.
- Your ads must not link to pages that are primarily composed of links to other websites.
- Your ads may not offer financial products (like mortgages or credit cards), nor can they request donations of cars, boats, or other property.
- Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program.